jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Gratzer, Steve" <steve.grat...@aciworldwide.com.INVALID>
Subject Need some help with HTTP responses and Assertions.
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2017 17:24:27 GMT
Currently I have a jmeter script that does a login to a site.  The issue I am running into
is that when the login process completes, it goes through some redirects and finally drops
you at the landing page.  The landing page is what I am using assertions on.  Essentially,
this works fine, but with one problem.  The landing page takes 20+ seconds to load.  So, when
the script submits (POST) the password to proceed, jmeter takes 20+ seconds to load the response
and then another 20+ seconds to reload the page with a GET sampler to do assertions on.

This looks ugly from a monitoring standpoint as those two actions consume 40+ seconds to complete.

At this point, I would like to do the assertions against the resulting return of the POST
sampler instead of doing an additional GET sampler which adds another 20+ seconds to the script
duration, but it doesn't seem to work that way.  I am assuming that the POST sampler is what
the assertions are having an issue with.  They do not alert for missing content.

So, I am wondering if there is something I am missing?  Is my understanding not correct, or
am I trying to do something that isn't available?

I do need to follow the redirects after submitting the password to check the final returned
URL.  It may return a security validation page that the script has to address, so I can't
turn that off.  Optimally, I would like to find a way that I can run the assertions on the
final return results of a POST request.  This way I won't be getting the page automatically
after the POST and then having to do a GET in order to perform the assertions.

Jmeter version is 2.13 (not my choosing, that is what I have to use).

Order of sequence:

  1.  Establish session / Get login page
  2.  POST username
  3.  GET password page
  4.  POST password
  5.  Check for additional security URL
  6.  GET landing page

[https://www.aciworldwide.com/-/media/aci-footer]<http://www.aciworldwide.com>
This email message and any attachments may contain confidential, proprietary or non-public
information. The information is intended solely for the designated recipient(s). If an addressing
or transmission error has misdirected this email, please notify the sender immediately and
destroy this email. Any review, dissemination, use or reliance upon this information by unintended
recipients is prohibited. Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the author personally.