jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adam Brown <gator2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Single SSL Certificate per Thread
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2017 16:59:23 GMT
Having the teensiest bit of trouble parsing that (ALIAS!). If I understand you correctly, I’m
not sure that will solve the double loop problem.

After some more tinkering, I found the issue. I don’t know how to solve it efficiently,
but I found it! Here’s the simplified thread group I am using:

Thread group has two CSV Configs, one for the Keystore and one for the URLs to load. The thread
properties were 10 users, 1 second ramp up, Loop count forever. The loop was forever because
I have the URL CSV Config not recycling on EOF.

The thread group has one HTTP request that uses the URL variable. That same HTTP request has
a Keystore Configuration using the alias from the Keystore Alias CSV Config.

I couldn’t get JMeter to only loop the URL CSV for the HTTP Request and not loop the Keystore
Alias CSV. I tried moving the Keystore CSV config under the HTTP Request. Moving the Keystore
out of the thread group (but I only have one group anyway). I changed the sharing modes around
and got close a few times, but no dice.

Adding a different HTTP request object for each URL to load instead of using the CSV works
exactly like I want. The keystore config still used the CSV to loop. The loop count is 1 and
the number of threads is equal to the number of users I want to load all the URLs. However,
that’s kind of cumbersome and I can’t have the test team changing links manually all the
time in the JMX.

So, am I missing something with nested loops?

> On 1 Sep 2017 20:49, stuart.kenworthy@bjss.com wrote:
> Have you tried using a keystores manager and constructing the alias using variables and
is or even having the key alias match the thread name and just using thread name as alias
in keystores manager alias?