jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Stuart Kenworthy <Stuart.Kenwor...@bjss.com>
Subject RE: Need Help
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2017 12:30:49 GMT
Well both failures show

"Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: kerberos.example.com"

Not sure why you are trying to use kerberose.example.com, this error could be a red herring,
or you have sanitised the logs (I don't mind if you have, just advise such).

Either way, I would expect the sampler making the call to have thrown an error similar in
nature, do you have access to your run logs or are you not saving them? If you do, can you
confirm the sampler gathering the required data is successful?

Have you tried running on a single slave to see if the problem is load related and nothing
to do with distributed testing? When starting the master use -R <slave ip address:port>
instead of -r, if using the GUI to run, just select a single slave from the drop down menu.

If it is intermittent, looks to me like DNS requests are failing. Possibly due to network
contention if you are leaving your LAN.

What we know...
- All data is being retrieved via sampler requests, not through local files.
- Some requests to retrieve data is failing, this is new and has been so after the weekend.
- Nothing has changed in your script, host or data file.
- When running on a single host (master) things run fine, but when running on multiple machines,
which in turn will increase the number of threads, the problem occurs.

If the network is outside of your control, I would investigate if someone has recently throttled
it due to high unexpected usage ( you :) ) or of new activity is going on within the network
which could reduce the throughput available to you.

However, my main questions would be:

- Are the samplers requesting the data being used successful, you will need to be logging
to CSV or XML? If not, find out why not.
- How do you know the requests are failing? Your only concern seems to be around the data
being used but sounds to me like there are failing samplers somewhere down the line. Are you
looking at System Under Test logging or jmeter execution logs as well.
- Are you actually using example.com to service some of your data? If so, stop, because they
could be throttling you. Run a local web server instead.
- If you are not using example.com, find out what is causing this error as it may be causing
problems for you later in the script if it is defining variables you use.
- I would recommend you still look at the error from before with AUTH_LOGIN, possibly an empty
line at the end of your CSV file. Once again, I would expect the sampler making the request
to have thrown an error out as well.