jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Bhabani Sankar Das <007bhabanisan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Auto correlation in Jmeter
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2017 20:13:12 GMT
Hi,

Recently, I was working on a poc of Salesforce CRM performance testing.
There were a lot lot of correlations. I tried with tool neload and Jmeter
both. Whenever I was using autocorrelation of neoload , I was ending up
making some mistakes. I rarely use autocorrelation in both neload and
loadrunner.

Is there any possibility of implementaing autocorrelation in Jmeter in
future? It would be nice though. :-)

On Aug 18, 2017 23:02, "UBIK LOAD PACK Support" <support@ubikloadpack.com>
wrote:

Hi Alexander,
>From our experience large number of correlation is usually related to
"particular protocols" or frameworks or RIA for example:
- Oracle JDEdwards
- Siebel
- SAP BO/BI
- Vaadin

For other usual webapps (Ajax, Angular based...) , the number of
correlation is reasonable and not so complex even manually done using
native JMeter techniques:
- Var replacement on recording
- Search/replace available now in GUI
- Usual extractors (css, regex, json, xpath)

And using scoping can factor out those rules to only code them once.

That's why we asked the question on technology.

But I am pretty interested by your feedback on this and know what
technology your current app is based on to see if it is in those
technologies I mention.

I am also interested to know if auto correlation really works in other
well-known tools. There was a discussion on user mailing list few years ago
about this topic and I remember reading one of your post about auto
correlation saying it worked in a pretty low percentage of cases.

Regards