jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Using HTTP Request to test POST to upload and store a file
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2017 09:57:38 GMT
Am 28.07.2017 um 13:30 schrieb Felix Schumacher:

> Am 27. Juli 2017 23:50:20 MESZ schrieb Lisa Waugh <waugh@us.ibm.com>:
>> I'm trying to use HTTP Request to upload and store a file via a POST to
>> REST api.  I can't use HTTP Raw because it is an https request.
>>
>> I can successfully accomplish this with smaller files (<= 500 kb).
>> With
>> larger files (>= 582 kb) it fails with a 500 Error: Connection error.
>> know it is not an issue with my REST api because I can use POSTMAN and
>> successfully post the same file.
>>
>> I've increased the Connect timeouts and Response timeouts to 80000000
>> msecs.
>>
>> These are images or audio recordings, not text files.
>>
>> No errors appear in the jmeter logs.
> I think I can confirm this. Is the requests duration longer than expected?
>
> Could you take a threaddump while the request is waiting?
Strangely enough, I can't reproduce it at home with my linux setup.

How do you setup the http sampler to send the file? Which version of
JMeter and Java are you using. Is this between different computers,
could there be a firewall that interferes with the requests?

Can you try to set the logging of JMeter to something more detailed like
debug?

Felix