jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Rancati <ivan.ranc...@gmail.com>
Subject Ignoring property 'property' in org.apache.jmeter.timers.ConstantThroughputTimer
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2017 10:15:58 GMT
good afternoon,

While debugging a timer problem (details below) I came across this debug
message that I can’t figure out

2017-07-18 10:16:51,032 DEBUG o.a.j.t.TestBeanHelper: Preparing class
org.apache.jmeter.timers.ConstantThroughputTimer

2017-07-18 10:16:51,032 DEBUG o.a.j.t.TestBeanHelper: Setting calcMode=1

2017-07-18 10:16:51,032 DEBUG o.a.j.t.TestBeanHelper: Ignoring property
'property' in org.apache.jmeter.timers.ConstantThroughputTimer

2017-07-18 10:16:51,032 DEBUG o.a.j.t.TestBeanHelper: Setting
throughput=30.0

2017-07-18 10:16:51,032 WARN o.a.j.t.JMeterThread: The delay timer was
interrupted - probably did not wait as long as intended.

from public class TestBeanHelper:

for (PropertyDescriptor desc : descs) {

                if (isDescriptorIgnored(desc)) {

                    if (log.isDebugEnabled()) {

                        log.debug("Ignoring property '{}' in {}",
desc.getName(), el.getClass().getCanonicalName());

                    }

                    continue;

I looked at ConstantThroughputTimer.java, but still not sure which property
is being ignored, and whether it's relevant. Most likely it's just the
comment and not related to my timing problem.

I’ll try to figure out the root cause “WARN o.a.j.t.JMeterThread: The delay
timer was interrupted - probably did not wait as long as intended”. Perhaps
the Constant Throughput Timer does not work correctly with these many
threads. If I find anything interesting, I’ll ask again on this mailing
list.

The test plan that causes the error looks so

setUp Thread Group

  OS Process sampler to restart networking

  OS Process sampler to start IPSec

Main Thread Group

  520 threads

  3 loops

  No rampup

  ConstantThroughputTimer (30 samplers per minute, all threads, the above
debug message appears with or without a comment in the timer)

  OS Process sampler to initiate an IPSec connection (the name of the
connection and the client certificate are derived from the thread number)

  OS Process sampler to close an IPSec connection

  Simple Data Writer

tearDown

  OS Process sampler to stop IPSec

I have tried to have the ConstantThroughputTimer both as a child of the
first OS Process sampler and at the same leve.

Version of the plan that works with no problems with a similar load

setUp Thread Group

  OS Process sampler to restart networking

  OS Process sampler to start IPSec

Main Thread Group

  520 threads

  Rampup 1040 seconds (so 1 sampler every 2 seconds)

  1 loop

  ConstantThroughputTimer (30 samplers per minute, all threads)

  OS Process sampler to initiate an IPSec connection

  Simple Data Writer

tearDown

  OS Process sampler to stop IPSec

Environment:

JMeter 3.2 r1790748

java 1.8.0_74

Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS, running on text mode. The test plan is prepared on a
Windows7 computer and then copied. Perhaps this creates a discrepancy in
the resource bundle.

Thanks and best regards

Ivan