jmeter-user mailing list archives

From derek kelly <dkman...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: JMeter 3.2 issue recording file upload
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2017 13:30:15 GMT
The only differences that I can see are:

JMeter adds "charset=US-ASCII" on the Content-Type

JMeter adds "Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary" only on playback

JMeter boundaries are 32 characters, and random

Manual/working boundaries are 40 characters and start with lots of dashes

The Wireshark captures show that JMeter posts of my sample file are always 4 frames.  around
650 bytes, 1450, 180, 38.  Where the end boundary is almost by itself in the last frame.
(from all of my fail captures that third frame is always 180, the others shift a bit)

The manual posts of my sample file are always 3 frames.  around 450, 1450, 370.

IMHO the charset and binary shouldn't matter.  I don't think frame count should matter.  But
at this point I am reaching for straws as to why this doesn't work.  Could the boundary length
really have something to do with it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Felix Schumacher [mailto:felix.schumacher@internetallee.de]
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:54 PM
To: user@jmeter.apache.org
Subject: Re: JMeter 3.2 issue recording file upload

Am 26.07.2017 um 19:23 schrieb derek kelly:
> I'm not certain if this is truly a JMeter bug or an IIS/ASP bug.
>
> I'll give a brief description here, but I have loads of supporting
> info and files at
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45291222/jmeter-3-2-file-upload-hi
> tting-asp-net-as-null-file
>
> Using JMeter 3.2, Windows 10, IIS 10, ASP 4.5, Visual Studio 2015 (c#, MVC).
>
> Without running JMeter I can upload a file and the server receives it.  When I'm running
JMeter (just recording) and I attempt to upload the file I get an error page because the function
the runs when a file is upload got called, but the upload is "null".  So it doesn't see the
file that it was supposed to get.

> I have a sample project with the sample site and a JMeter script that can easily be run
between 2 windows machines.

> I'm hoping somebody has some insight into why that is happening and how to fix it.
Can you put the tcpdump that you showed in the link somewhere, so that we can have a look
at? It would be best, if it would contain both streams (client<->jmeter and jmeter<->server).
The webapp would not help me, as I don't have windows.

Felix