jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Stuart Kenworthy <Stuart.Kenwor...@bjss.com>
Subject RE: Jmeter has problems in Windows 10?
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2017 12:08:01 GMT
One thing to consider with cross platform testing is file paths, more specifically path separators.

Windows will use

Test/data/customers.csv

Whereas linux will use

Test\data\customers.csv

I had a slightly more elegant solution in place before but you should have a custom variable
of

Pathseparator=${__BeanShell(import org.apache.jmeter.services.FileServer; FileServer.getFileServer().getBaseDir();)}${__BeanShell(File.separator,)}

The your path would be

Test${Pathseparator}data${Pathseparator}customer.csv

For both OSs

-----Original Message-----
From: Philippe Mouawad [mailto:philippe.mouawad@gmail.com]
Sent: 08 June 2017 06:36
To: JMeter Users List <user@jmeter.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Jmeter has problems in Windows 10?

Hello,
JMeter runs on Java VM 8 (as of 3.2), this means it can run on any os supporting it.
Windows 10 is one of those, so no problem.

Most probably your windows 10 has different network settings which do not allow some external
connections.

Check that you configured JMeter correctly regarding proxy:

- https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/get-started.html#proxy_server

Regards

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

The information included in this email and any files transmitted with it may contain information
that is confidential and it must not be used by, or its contents or attachments copied or
disclosed to, persons other than the intended addressee. If you have received this email in
error, please notify BJSS. In the absence of written agreement to the contrary BJSS' relevant
standard terms of contract for any work to be undertaken will apply. Please carry out virus
or such other checks as you consider appropriate in respect of this email. BJSS does not accept
responsibility for any adverse effect upon your system or data in relation to this email or
any files transmitted with it. BJSS Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (Company
Number 2777575), VAT Registration Number 613295452, Registered Office Address, First Floor,
Coronet House, Queen Street, Leeds, LS1 2TW.