jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Stuart Kenworthy <Stuart.Kenwor...@bjss.com>
Subject RE: Whether JMeter works on desktop application or not
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2017 12:10:39 GMT
One thing missing from the explanation is that JMeter does not test the application, it replaces
it so you can test your service, in your case the SQL server.

You record all messages the client would send then resend the same (or script modified) requests
directly to the service.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Pravesh Shrivastava [mailto:pravesh.shrivastava@gmail.com]
Sent: 08 June 2017 10:58
To: JMeter Users List <user@jmeter.apache.org>
Subject: RE: Whether JMeter works on desktop application or not

If your application is talking through HTTP/HTTPS, then JMeter will work.

On Jun 8, 2017 15:22, <Naina.Dixit@tieto.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> My application is Two-tier application. We are using SQL server 2014
> for database and ODBC client3 for connection.
>
> Regards,
> Naina

The information included in this email and any files transmitted with it may contain information
that is confidential and it must not be used by, or its contents or attachments copied or
disclosed to, persons other than the intended addressee. If you have received this email in
error, please notify BJSS. In the absence of written agreement to the contrary BJSS' relevant
standard terms of contract for any work to be undertaken will apply. Please carry out virus
or such other checks as you consider appropriate in respect of this email. BJSS does not accept
responsibility for any adverse effect upon your system or data in relation to this email or
any files transmitted with it. BJSS Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (Company
Number 2777575), VAT Registration Number 613295452, Registered Office Address, First Floor,
Coronet House, Queen Street, Leeds, LS1 2TW.