jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jmeter has problems in Windows 10?
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2017 13:02:39 GMT
On 8 June 2017 at 13:08, Stuart Kenworthy <Stuart.Kenworthy@bjss.com> wrote:
> One thing to consider with cross platform testing is file paths, more specifically path
separators.

> Windows will use
>
> Test/data/customers.csv
>
> Whereas linux will use
>
> Test\data\customers.csv

Other way round, surely?

Also note that the Windows JVM can usally handle '/' as well as '\' so
for relative files you can use

Test/data/customers.csv

on both Windows and Linux/MacOS

> I had a slightly more elegant solution in place before but you should have a custom variable
of

> Pathseparator=${__BeanShell(import org.apache.jmeter.services.FileServer; FileServer.getFileServer().getBaseDir();)}${__BeanShell(File.separator,)}
>
> The your path would be
>
> Test${Pathseparator}data${Pathseparator}customer.csv
>
> For both OSs

information that is confidential and it must not be used by, or its contents or attachments
copied or disclosed to, persons other than the intended addressee. If you have received this
email in error, please notify BJSS. In the absence of written agreement to the contrary BJSS'
relevant standard terms of contract for any work to be undertaken will apply. Please carry
out virus or such other checks as you consider appropriate in respect of this email. BJSS
does not accept responsibility for any adverse effect upon your system or data in relation
to this email or any files transmitted with it. BJSS Limited, a company registered in England
and Wales (Company Number 2777575), VAT Registration Number 613295452, Registered Office Address,
First Floor, Coronet House, Queen Street, Leeds, LS1 2TW.