jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Configuring kerberos sessions in jmeter
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2017 17:34:13 GMT
Am 26.04.2017 um 18:05 schrieb adam.hardy@cyberspaceroad.com:
> I have successfully set up jmeter to make requests to a server
> authenticating with kerberos, but I see that jmeter is re-authenticating
> with every request.
>
> In the server access logs, I see two requests to the server for every
> attempt, the first requests results in a 401 status response, and then
> jmeter replies properly and the server generates a 200 status response
> with the expected content.
>
> I'd like to set it up so that jmeter only needs to do the handshaking
> negotiation and trip to the kerberos KDC once rather than with every call.
Have you tried, if a normal browser does, what you describe?

In my opinion the described behaviour is normal. In tomcat, for example,
a session will be established using a cookie. The user will be
associated with that session and the cookie will be used on further
requests.

Depending on the server, it might use SSL Sessions for the same thing,
but I haven't seen that (knowingly).

Regards,
  Felix