jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <adam.ha...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Configuring kerberos sessions in jmeter
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2017 21:48:39 GMT
-------- Original Message --------
*Subject: *Re: Configuring kerberos sessions in jmeter
*From: *Felix Schumacher <felix.schumacher@internetallee.de>
*To: *JMeter Users List <user@jmeter.apache.org>
*Date: *Wed Apr 26 2017 18:34:13 GMT+0100 (BST)
> Am 26.04.2017 um 18:05 schrieb adam.hardy@cyberspaceroad.com:
>> I have successfully set up jmeter to make requests to a server
>> authenticating with kerberos, but I see that jmeter is re-authenticating
>> with every request.
>>
>> In the server access logs, I see two requests to the server for every
>> attempt, the first requests results in a 401 status response, and then
>> jmeter replies properly and the server generates a 200 status response
>> with the expected content.
>>
>> I'd like to set it up so that jmeter only needs to do the handshaking
>> negotiation and trip to the kerberos KDC once rather than with every call.
> Have you tried, if a normal browser does, what you describe?
>
> In my opinion the described behaviour is normal. In tomcat, for example, a
> session will be established using a cookie. The user will be associated with
> that session and the cookie will be used on further requests.
>
> Depending on the server, it might use SSL Sessions for the same thing, but I
> haven't seen that (knowingly).

It depends on your idea of "normal" ;)

I'm pretty sure but not certain because I'm at home right now and will have to
check  tomorrow:

- IE will automatically store and re-use a kerberos session

- FF and Chrome and other won't although there are plugins which might (haven't
tried them all).

In my limited experience with Kerberos, I believe that the re-use of the
kerberos service ticket is done in Windows via calls to its GSSAPI or SSP module
which can access the in-memory credentials cache.

Regards
Adam