jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Bo Bodnar" <bbod...@us.ibm.com>
Subject And still another request for assistance...
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 21:22:53 GMT

The description of the problem:

I've been given a .jmx file that I want to improve.  The file has a "main"
thread group that loops around a pre-specified number of times.  Inside of
this thread group is a loop controller with the loop count set to 1.  Thus,
the thread group determines the number of times the loop controller runs.
Inside the loop controller is a CSV Data Set Config block with recycle set
to false, stop thread on EOF set to true, and sharing mode set to all
threads.  Following this a HEAD HTTP request, followed by some other stuff,
and ending with HTTP DELETE request.  There's a csv file that contains
unique IDs of items to be looked at by this loop controller's operations.
So, for a single thread, the operations are do a HEAD, do some stuff, then
delete the ID the thread just looked at.  The number of IDs can vary;
typically, a few hundred to a few million.  If multiple threads run, it
seems to me one thread can delete an ID that a different thread may request
(because the threads run at different rates).  Is my understanding correct?
If so, then how can I bypass the "stuff" and DELETE when the HEAD returns a
404?  I'm not looking for extreme details (although that would be
appreciated) but hints on how to pull the 404 and use that in something
like an IF statement.  It may obvious that I've never done this before ;-)

Thank you,

Bo

   Bohdan L. Bodnar
   Lead Performance Engineer