jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Stuart Kenworthy <Stuart.Kenwor...@bjss.com>
Subject RE: Test Duration
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2017 16:25:05 GMT
And how would this be used to control run time within the script itself?

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: 01 March 2017 16:24
To: JMeter Users List <user@jmeter.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Test Duration

Simpler to use a property reference, for example:

${__P(RUNTIME,100)

Then use -JRUNTIME=99 on the command line

On 1 March 2017 at 16:18, Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra0077@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Put a JMeter variable in the "Thread Group" element in "Duration (seconds)"
> input
>
> And use -J command line option to define it
>
> Antonio

>> This is exactly the problem that came up in our test organization. We
>> couldn't figure it out (running jmeter for a specified time from the
>> command line) so, our solution is to have a shell script start jmeter
>> and, after the required time, calls shutdown.sh. The whole thing
>> works using nohup and works like a charm.
>>
>> Bo
>>

>> *Bohdan L. Bodnar*
>> Lead Performance Engineer
>> 1-312-871-5163 <(312)%20871-5163>
>> ------------------------------
>> *E-mail:* *bbodnar@us.ibm.com* <bbodnar@us.ibm.com>
>> 222 South Riverside Plaza
>> Chicago, IL 60606
>> United States
>>
>> [image: Inactive hide details for Stuart Barlow ---03/01/2017
>> 10:04:07 AM---Hi. Is there a way to define the duration a test should
>> run]Stuart Barlow ---03/01/2017 10:04:07 AM---Hi. Is there a way to
>> define the duration a test should run via the command line?
>>
>> From: Stuart Barlow <stuart.barlow@gmail.com>
>> To: <user@jmeter.apache.org>
>> Date: 03/01/2017 10:04 AM
>> Subject: Test Duration
>> ------------------------------
>>

>> Hi. Is there a way to define the duration a test should run via the
>> command line?
>>
>> Is there a JMeter property available? Then it could be set using the
>> -J command line option
>>
>> -J[prop_name]=[value]
>>  defines a local JMeter property.
>>
>> Sorry if this was asked before.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Stuart

The information included in this email and any files transmitted with it may contain information
that is confidential and it must not be used by, or its contents or attachments copied or
disclosed to, persons other than the intended addressee. If you have received this email in
error, please notify BJSS. In the absence of written agreement to the contrary BJSS' relevant
standard terms of contract for any work to be undertaken will apply. Please carry out virus
or such other checks as you consider appropriate in respect of this email. BJSS does not accept
responsibility for any adverse effect upon your system or data in relation to this email or
any files transmitted with it. BJSS Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (Company
Number 2777575), VAT Registration Number 613295452, Registered Office Address, First Floor,
Coronet House, Queen Street, Leeds, LS1 2TW.