jmeter-user mailing list archives

From UBIK LOAD PACK Support <supp...@ubikloadpack.com>
Subject Re: High CPU utilization in JMeter 3.x with HttpClient 4 leads to freeze
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2017 08:10:13 GMT
Hello,
To investigate the problem:
1/ to create  thread dumps, install a JDK of same version as the one
running your JMeter.

Run until you get the problem, then call using same user as the one running
JMeter 3 times at 5s interval:
 <jdk_home>/bin/jstack -l <pid of JMeter> >> output_file.txt

It will also help if you provide the structure of your Test Plan.

2/ It would also help if you can provide a Heap Dump. With JMeter GUI, use
menu Help > Create a Heap Dump
This will create a Heap Dump (rather big file) , it would help a lot if you
can make it available.

Regards

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 9:03 AM, Tuukka Mustonen <tuukka.mustonen@gmail.com>
wrote:

> @Philippe:
>
> Yeah, I am normally running in non-GUI mode, but to
> study/inspect/understand this problem I am running in GUI mode. JMeter 2.13
> works just fine in GUI mode for these tests so JMeter 3.x should too.
>
> I'll give the nightly build a try.
>
> Tuukka
>

> On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 9:59 AM, Philippe Mouawad <
> philippe.mouawad@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday, February 1, 2017, Tuukka Mustonen <
> tuukka.mustonen@gmail.com
> > >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > @Philippe:
> > >
> > > 1. Yeah, I compared them with the same plan, same machine. Should be
> > > everything equal.
> > > 2. I tried both the defaults in jmeter.bat (-Xms512m -Xmx512m) and as
> > > slightly increased (-Xms512m -Xmx1024m). I didn't tweak them much
> > because I
> > > don't believe the issue lies there.
> > > 3. No, I do just simple HTTP GETs (against RESTy API).
> > > 4. I am not familiar with that but I can try. If you have instructions
> > > point to, please do.
> >

> > > 5. I am running with GUI.
> >

> > This is a known anti-pattern .
> > switch to non gui mode if you want correct results.
> > http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/best-practices.html
> >
> > http://www.ubik-ingenierie.com/blog/jmeter_performance_tuning_tips/
> >

> > > About file sending:
> > >
> > > 6. Nope. I'm just doing simple GETs.
> >
> >  Could you give nightly build a try ?
> > http://jmeter.apache.org/nightly.html
> >

> > > Tuukka
> > >

> > > On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 9:43 AM, Philippe Mouawad <
> > > philippe.mouawad@gmail.com <javascript:;>

> > > everything
> > interval

> > <javascript:;>');>>