jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Burton <andrewburtona...@gmail.com>
Subject Thread Group Validate ended prematurely by Scheduler
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2017 22:13:59 GMT
Hi all,

I have a thread group that has about 10-12 consecutive samplers, and was
using the Validate option to debug through these. I noticed that not all
the samplers were being invoked, and in the jmeter.log I can see the
following line:

2017/01/30 13:41:54 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Stopping because
end time detected by thread: Sports 1-1

Does this mean that the Validate feature is still subject to Scheduler
duration? Currently, I use the following:

Threads = ${__P(user.sports.usercount,0)}
Duration (Scheduler enabled) = ${__P(user.sports.duration)}

Both parameter options are not specified, i.e. they will take default
values of 0 and 1 respectively.

I suspect that since I haven't explicitly set a second default-value
parameter to __P() function for the Duration setting, it's setting it to 1
as per the __P() docs, but I was expecting Validate would ignore
duration/endtime setting as it does for Threads.

Can anyone advise their experience with Validate, or whether this is a bug?

As an aside, I do have a patch ready for this, which is adding the line
                tg.setScheduler(false);
to TreeClonerForValidation.java

Thanks

Andrew