jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Rancati <ivan.ranc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Queries on memory consumption between JMeter and any other programming language
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 09:20:08 GMT
hi,

a couple of ideas

Server side
Http
Take for example testing an api over http. The only difference between http
requests sent by different tools should be the "User agent" header; that
would be very unlikely to cause any difference (including memory usage) on
the server. If it did, I would consider it a defect on the web/application
server side implementation.
DB
JMeter uses standard Java libraries for DB samplers. So, unless one of the
libraries had a bug, for example not closing a connection (quite unlikely),
I would not expect differences on the db server.

Client side
Here is some info
https://wiki.apache.org/jmeter/JMeterPerformance
Perhaps you could perform similar measurement (for example with jconsole)
with Jmeter 3.0, your particular scenarios, and share your findings with
the community

Disclaimer: I'm just an average JMeter user, the JMeter devs or other users
might have more/better info