jmeter-user mailing list archives

From anusuya bhan <anusu...@gmail.com>
Subject Issue in Jmeter setup in corporate proxy LAN.
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2016 02:59:58 GMT
Hi Team,

Could you please help me in the below issue?

We have installed Apache Jmeter 3.0 in a corporate proxy network, however
this is unable to do any actions in the network.  On requesting of enabling
firewall for the same, as currently Jmeter cannot record any applications .
Network team confirms to have completed the same request however issue
still exists.

ON further investigation  Network team has given the below comments :

Our SOCKS proxy client is expecting direct communication to the destination
IP/port to be able to intercept and handle the communication. This is not
happening as the browser is set to proxy localhost:8080 (jmeter
requirement). Our guess is the communication is then routed to standard
internet proxies instead of SOCKS proxy. We can’t guarantee jmeter
compatibility with our SOCKS proxy and further investigation and tests are
required.

Can you help me if the above identification is true, or is there some
workaround that i can suggest my Network Team.

Require your inputs at the earliest.

Kind Regards

Anusuya Bhan

+4915163130716