jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Hohmann, Kurt D" <khohm...@navisite.com>
Subject 500 Server Error occurs only in JMeter, same POST is successful when submitted manually
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 19:23:28 GMT
In my script, I'm using a JSESSIONID instead of a cookie; the JSESSIONID is extracted using
a HTTP URL Re-writing Modifier and I can confirm that the correct value (the one which appears
in the response data from the login page) is being applied in the Request.
e.g. POST https://qa67.ososinfo.org:446/Staff/staffdetail.xhtml;JSESSIONID=0655ca5420354753ae413984d34cfc27

I'm also using a VIEWSTATE, which I'm extracting prior to running the remainder of the test
steps by using a Regular Expression Extractor and setting the resulting variable as a parameter
in the HTTP Request,
e.g. javax.faces.ViewState=8d2%2BgOIseczB2FWSo74DqQfkmiYVaK73D8bnLTNWCx%2FB8EtE

The problem is that I'm hitting a Response code: 500 | Response message: Internal Server Error
every time I attempt a post with all of the applicable data.

I tried running through the steps manually in a Firefox browser. I copied the contents of
the Request tab from the failing page into a REST client, logged in using a separate tab of
the same browser and grabbed the appropriate JSESSIONID and VIEWSTATE information, then posted
with that info in place - and the manual post was successful.

Am I missing something? Is JMeter requiring something to accomplish this POST that a I'm not
seeing in a manual attempt?

Happy to share any/all of what I'm seeing if it might be helpful in helping to troubleshoot.

Thanks,
Kurt