jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Dynamic XML Response Manipulation
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2016 19:41:43 GMT
Am 18.11.2016 um 12:59 schrieb Eddie O'Sullivan:
> Hi all,
>
> We are looking to do some SOAP WSDL testing using JMeter. The scenario we
> are trying to cover is as follows:
>
>     1. Req1 - GET request that returns and XML file (this may change over
>     time but the nodes we are interested in remain the same)
>     2. Modify the XML changing the values
>     3. Req2 - POST the modified XML into a Request
>
> Modifying the XML can be achieved relatively easily in SOAPUI using the
> Property Transfer but we would rather stick to JMeter.
So you get a xml result, from which you want to keep some node (with its
sub-nodes) and modify that, by replacing some pre-known values with
other values?

The property transfer looked to me to be more like: Get a xml result.
Extract values from it into properties and use those to modify some
pre-known answer xml.

The latter workflow can be modelled by post-processors and usage of
JMeter variables.

Do you really need the former?

Regards,
  Felix