jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can somebody clarify encoding of recorder?
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 22:14:36 GMT
On 30 August 2016 at 14:36, harry_no_spot <13651877684@163.com> wrote:
> hi,
> how does jmeter deal with the encoding  in HTTP script recoder element?

JMeter relies on the browser doing any necessary encoding.
The recorder takes what it sees and stores that as parameters in the
appropriate HTTP samples.

> I asked becuase I encounter one problem.
> 1. use a browser to directly access a website and do a post, simplified chinese characters
submitted displayed ok in result page.
> 2. use a broser to access same website through jmeter as a proxy. simplified chinese
become something like ??

It's not obvious what you mean by this.
Where are the characters displayed incorrectly?
In the browser? Or in the test plan?

> so I want to know how HTTP script recorder deal with encoding? is there somewhere to
let poeple control or set it?

It would help if you could provide a simple example:
What did you do?
What did you expect to happen?
What actually happened?