jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Sankar Das <007bhabanisan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter is not calculating the time when the tread is getting timeout
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 09:55:27 GMT
Thanks for the reply.

Findings are below with :

HTTP Sampler
Duration Assertion
Response Assertion
View Results Tree

1. Without timeout in HTTP Sampler:

Duration assertion :Assertion failure message: The operation lasted too
long: It took 733 milliseconds, but should not have lasted longer than 11
milliseconds.
Response Assertion :Assertion failure message: Test failed: text expected
to contain /NOT FOUND/
Response Data: Proper Response

2. With timeout HTTP Sampler:
A:
Timeout(milliseconds)
connect :1 , Response:1

Duration assertion : Not Running
Response Assertion :Assertion failure message: Test failed: text expected
to contain /NOT FOUND/
Response Data: org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException: Connect to
www.myurl.com.com:80 timed out

B:
Timeout(milliseconds)
connect :5 , Response:5

Duration assertion : Not Running
Response Assertion :Assertion failure message: Test failed: text expected
to contain /NOT FOUND/
Response Data: org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException: Connect to
www.myurl.com.com:80 timed out

C:
Timeout(milliseconds)
connect :10 , Response:10

Duration assertion : Assertion failure message: The operation lasted too
long: It took 12 milliseconds, but should not have lasted longer than 11
milliseconds.
Response Assertion :Assertion failure message: Test failed: text expected
to contain /NOT FOUND/
Response Data: org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException: Connect to
www.myurl.com.com:80 timed out

D:
Timeout(milliseconds)
connect :1000 , Response:1000

Duration assertion : Assertion failure message: The operation lasted too
long: It took 12 milliseconds, but should not have lasted longer than 11
milliseconds.
Response Assertion :Assertion failure message: Test failed: text expected
to contain /NOT FOUND/
Response Data: Proper Response

My query was

*Irrespective of the result of the response data, the "Response Assertion"
is running. So why not the "Duration assertion".*

Hope I am clear with my query.

Thanks!