jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to close the files opened by XPath function
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 23:10:39 GMT
On 18 July 2016 at 03:16, Joseph Roy <Joseph.Roy@resmed.com.au> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using ${__XPath() function to parse and xml in my test plan. I am invoking this
function in every thread. I have observed that each time thread invokes this function the
file is opened once. Well,  my thread will do the job and exists but the file is not getting
closed/or freeing the memory. I have observed that file is not getting closed even after test
finishes. From Jmeter JVM heap I can see that it's not freeing up after GC cycles.

Which version of JMeter are you using?
And which version of Java?

The code opens the file, parses it and stores the DOM, then closes the file.

> Is it possible to close the files opened through XPath() after its use?

See above; the files are already closed.

> Please suggest
> Joseph
>

> Warning:  Copyright ResMed.  Where the contents of this email and/or attachment includes
materials prepared by ResMed, the use of those
> materials is subject exclusively to the conditions of engagement between ResMed and the
intended recipient.

> This communication is confidential and may contain legally privileged information.
> By the use of email over the Internet or other communication systems, ResMed is not waiving
either confidentiality of, or legal
> privilege in the content of the email and of any attachments.
> If the recipient of this message is not the intended addressee, please call ResMed immediately
on  +61 2 8884 1000 Sydney, Australia.