jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Michael Logan <jmeteruser...@gmail.com>
Subject Java Request spawning outside process
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 18:56:48 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to use the Java Request Sampler to test my website.  I am
noticing that my requests get started as another process, not as a thread
under the JMeter process.  Is this what is supposed to happen with a custom
Java Request Sampler?  My custom Java Request Sampler extends the
AbstractJavaSamplerClient

Behavior during test run.
JMeter version 2.13 - I see an external java process for each user.
JMeter version 3.0 - I see an many more java processes, I shut-down the
test when I saw about 15 of them.

Here is the outline of my test:
Thread Group (5 users, 35 second ramp up, 1 loop)
- Java Request Sampler (create the browser, log into a website, store the
browser in JMeter context)
- Runtime Controller (Runtime 480 seconds)
- - Java Request Sampler (do an action in the website)
- end Runtime Controller
- Java Request Sampler (log out of the application, close the driver)

Is this normal behavior?  If so, how can I control those spawn Java
processes?  I do launch JMeter from the .bat file that specifies all the
JVM parameters.

Thanks in advance for any help.