jmeter-user mailing list archives

From David Luu <manga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CLI based listener and/or modding the Summariser in jmeter core?
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 20:29:31 GMT
Deepak, to answer your questions:

I would like to send results in real time to some monitoring/reporting
server while the test is running, not after it's done. I'd like to do that
in non-GUI mode. In my post I mention some existing solution (no source
code though), although I'd like to expand upon it like sending stats to a
riemann server.

Regarding listeners saving results to file if configured, I did notice
that. However, back end listener by default does not appear to have an
option to save results to file or "run" while in non GUI mode. The GUI for
that element as shown in jmeter GUI does not have any fields to specify
saving to file unlike some other listeners like the graph/report ones. So I
assume for saving to file with backend listener, one would have to put that
functionality in one's own custom back end listener implementation? I doubt
it's there in the default graphite one. And so if that assumption is
correct, does that mean there's a way to make the custom back end listener
"run" in any mode (GUI and non-GUI)?

Or am I misinterpreting? As you've clarified, listener's GUI doesn't get
used in non-GUI mode, but so that means all it's other functionality still
runs in non-GUI mode? Meaning a back end listener will do whatever
processing its supposed to do in non-GUI mode just the same as GUI mode but
w/o the GUI display?

Pardon all these questions, I haven't had chance to try out and get the
(default) back end listener working, even in GUI mode, to test/confirm
myself.