jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Joseph Roy <Joseph....@resmed.com.au>
Subject How to close the files opened by XPath function
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 02:16:35 GMT
Hi All,

I am using ${__XPath() function to parse and xml in my test plan. I am invoking this function
in every thread. I have observed that each time thread invokes this function the file is opened
once. Well,  my thread will do the job and exists but the file is not getting closed/or freeing
the memory. I have observed that file is not getting closed even after test finishes. From
Jmeter JVM heap I can see that it's not freeing up after GC cycles.

Is it possible to close the files opened through XPath() after its use?

Please suggest
Joseph

Warning:  Copyright ResMed.  Where the contents of this email and/or attachment includes materials
prepared by ResMed, the use of those
materials is subject exclusively to the conditions of engagement between ResMed and the intended
recipient.

This communication is confidential and may contain legally privileged information.
By the use of email over the Internet or other communication systems, ResMed is not waiving
either confidentiality of, or legal
privilege in the content of the email and of any attachments.
If the recipient of this message is not the intended addressee, please call ResMed immediately
on  +61 2 8884 1000 Sydney, Australia.