jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Ng Kok Chai <Kokchai...@dzhintl.com>
Subject RE: Remote Testing with different external data files
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2016 03:03:38 GMT
Thanks Sergio and Sebb, after I rename all the external data files with same name in JMeter
Servers, it worked fine. But now I facing another issue, in the server, I have following error:
jmeter.samplers.RemoteListenerWrapper: testStarted(host) java.rmi.ConnectIOException: Exception
creating connection to: 10.18.8.XX; nested exception is:
	java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect

So I unable to have the result for report in my client.

In my servers, I have only 1 network interface, 10.17.5.XX
In my client, I have 4 network interfaces:
10.5.238.X for internet facing
10.16.5.XX for Jmeter Servers & Web servers
10.17.7.XX for access to my Application servers
10.18.8.XX for access to my DB servers

Why my JMeter server try to communicate to my Client server via 10.18.8.XX ??? it should via
10.16.5.XX. How can I configure this??

Thank you and appreciate all the help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergio Boso [mailto:sergio@bosoconsulting.it]
Sent: Friday, 3 June 2016 2:05 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Remote Testing with different external data files

Il 02/06/2016 06.22, Ng Kok Chai ha scritto:
> Is there any way to use different external data files in each remote server when doing
remote testing? Which mean Server 1 use file 1, Server 2 use file 2 etc, then client will
trigger all servers with same test plan.

> I have browsing over the JMeter docs and Wiki, unable to find solutions on how to implement
this. Basically I need server 1 to use user 1 to 10 to login and perform testing, server 2
use user 11 to 20 to login and perform testing, all the test scripts are same but just the
login users will be different.

> I need to simulate 20,000 concurrent users access, distributed to around 40+ test PC.
>
> Appreciate any help to save me remote desktop to each test PC and click 1 by 1. :)

Hi , sure you can, I did this many times.
How ever, if you have so  many system, you may find more effective to have a central DB, and
have each Jmeter instance ask for usr data.
I found Redis and Redis plugin very effective for this.

Regards

--

Ing. Sergio Boso