jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Janine DeBeradinis <jdeberadi...@higherone.com>
Subject RE: Jmeter pausing when running
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2016 18:35:09 GMT
Thanks for the response.

No, the logs do not reflect the delay, however, the java process goes down to 0 on all machines
involved.  Additionally, when our ops department is monitoring the load, they see the load
stop when I see the pause.

I am using the Summary Report to monitor the load.

No, nothing else should be using the network card. The ops department said the machines are
designed to only be built with what they need.

There really isn't a pattern to the pausing.  We originally started the load test on one machine,
strictly using GUI mode and the pausing was actually less frequent than it is now.  We are
now using three new machines.  Two are running jmeter server and the one is running jmeter
GUI to execute on the servers, and the pausing seems to be more frequent now.

I am really at a complete loss.

Thanks.
Janine

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Nance [mailto:bob.nance@novationsys.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2016 12:40 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Jmeter pausing when running

I’ve been having an issue with JMeter periodically pausing when running a load test and
am not sure how to resolve this.  We have tried several things, but nothing seems to be working.
 The behavior is I start a JMeter load test. The test will run fine for a few minutes, then
pause, then pick back up, then pause, etc.   I’ve tried upping the heap size when starting
JMeter, running in distributed mode and non distributed mode, even turning off our Anti-Virus
software, but the issue still persists.  The amount of load being generated isn’t that much
either.  My test has about 75 different thread groups, but we are only using 1 thread per
group.   The last thing I tired was adding -XX:+DisableExplicitGC to jmeter.bat file, but
that didn’t work either.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or thoughts?

Do the logs reflect the delay? (or could it just be a delayed display issue) Do you have any
data visualizations/listeners running during the tests? (they can eat up a lot of CPU cycles)
Do you have anything else running on the computer that might be stealing the network card?
Is there a pattern that might point you somewhere (like it happens nearly at the same test,
or every 12.5 seconds or something)?

No direct help, but those are all things that I have seen affect my tests.

-Bob

---
  Bob Nance
  Novation Systems