jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Ahmad Alnafoosi <anafo...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Counters in Multi-thread Thrd grp are resetting: unexpected!!!
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2016 15:59:45 GMT
Re-sending I have not seen a response to the question.
Ahmad

From: anafoosi@hotmail.com
To: user@jmeter.apache.org
Subject: Counters in Multi-thread Thrd grp are resetting: unexpected!!!
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 14:17:25 -0500

HiI created a thread group with the following
Each user thread does the
following independently:

1-      Counter that sends HTTP PUT Multiple Random Objects names of known format Object000000abc
where abc is a sequential number 1,2,3,4,
till the counter reach max in counter.

2-
Counter HTTP Delete Objects abc that deletes the objects till it reach max in counter.

The above works fine for a single thread.  The problem
is with multiple threads.  The issue I have narrowed down to the following
scenario:

A-
Thread [A] has LOWER number of objects than
Thread [B]

B-
Thread [A] completes steps 1 and starts in
Step 2 of Object DELETE verification ß

C-
Thread [B] Object Counter for Object Name
Counter in step 1 (PUT) and step 2(DELETE) reset to 1.  So instead of having object
1,2,3 we will have something like 1,2,1

All the counters are set with the following Option [Track
counter independently for each user].

I tried both ON and OFF of the following option with no
difference in behavior [Reset counter on each Thread Group Iteration]

 Your help is appreciated.
thanks
Ahmad