jmeter-user mailing list archives

From <forag...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Using JMS Publisher for Amazon SQS
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:17:23 GMT
I do not think it would be possible to use Jmeter’s JMS sampler with SQS. com.amazon.sqs.javamessaging.SQSConnectionFactory
can't be used as Initial Context factory because it implements ConnectionFactory interface
but not InitialContextFactory interface.

Current options are to use
• HTTP endpoints to SQS or
• custom java request using coolcodr/jmeter-aws-sqs or
• Beanshell/JSR223 sampler

**I’m considering writing up a JMeter GUI sampler for SQS, is there any interest in the
community to use this?**

Thanks,
RaGe

From: chaitanya bhatt
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2016 5:23 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Using JMS Publisher for Amazon SQS

Well, the guy in "stackoverflow" was experience connection timeout. This
looks like a firewall issue or some edge case connection issue. If you
could just run "telnet sqs.us-east-1.amazonaws.com 80" command and verify
if you are able to hit the publicly exposed SQS endpoint. I don't think
JMeter had anything to do with the connection issues.

I feel creating a BeanShell is fairly easy given that the entire Java code
for generating the signature is provided here:
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/signature-version-2.html

If you want to take the route of creating custom Java Request.  You could
use this. https://github.com/coolcodr/jmeter-aws-sqs

Thanks
Chaitanya M Bhatt