jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Run multiple samplers for multiple users in sequence
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2016 19:38:34 GMT
> and when all sampler1 for 50 users are over , only then sampler2 starts
No this isnt necessary - it might be what you are seeing in a specific case
or your samples are returning really really really quickly.
JMeter will fire threads in parallel (50 in your case) - However the first
iteration , the concurrency will be staggered by ramp up time.

Next each thread will fire the requests in Sequence specified in test plan
- so thread1 will request Sampler1 , wait for its response , once the
response is processed move on to sampler 2 - wait for that to finish and
then request sampler 3. Thread 2 will do the same thing. Depending on which
request/response finishes , you will see samples mixed. If for e.g. Thread
1 Sampler 1 takes a long time to complete but Thread 2 Sampler 1 finishes
quickly , youll see Thread 2 Sampler 2 next
 However each thread will always go in the Sequence defined in test plan