jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I make different threads use different values?
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2016 19:45:22 GMT
>I believe JMeter has feature to simulate such scenario by invoking
multiple threads on different machines ?
You can distribute JMeter so that it runs on different machines - but you
really dont want each jmeter machine to only run one thread.
Its easier to run your request through a tunnel or proxy , see what the
command line is really sending to your server and then simulate that in
JMeter (there may be something like custom authentication schemes or binary
stuff that might prevent this approach)

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Sheetal Jharia Baru <sheetal93@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Deepak ,
> You have a valid point. Running multiple OS processes may not simulate it
> accurately. In ideal case, we will have different users running the
> same *command
> line *requesting images from our single server (this server is load
> balanced obviously).
> I believe JMeter has feature to simulate such scenario by invoking multiple
> threads on different machines ?
>
> On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 3:14 AM, Deepak Shetty <shettyd@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >Even though it is http protocol , I have to use product specific
> commands
> > to download and upload the image to the URL.
> > And when real users are uploading/downloading images , they will all do
> so
> > from the same physical server - if not then you might not be able to
> > simulate this accurately - as running multiple OS processes on the same
> > server can be quite different than running the same process on different
> > servers (HTTP fares better in that respect)
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 1:15 PM, Sheetal Jharia Baru <sheetal93@gmail.com
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for the links, I will go through them.
> > > Even though it is http protocol , I have to use product specific
> commands
> > > to download and upload the image to the URL.

> > > there

> http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#CSV_Data_Set_Config
> > > >

> https://www.google.com/search?q=CSV+data+set+config+jmeter+tutorial&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

> > downloading