jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Konstantinos Dimkas <ksdim...@csd.auth.gr>
Subject Re: Opening txt file
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2016 14:23:53 GMT
Hi Bob,
Thanks for the advice!

I am not sure if OS process sampler will do the job because i want to open it via the cloud
application.
As for the GNU Binutils, i am not very familiar with it, but i will look around for some more
info about how it works.

> On 25 Feb 2016, at 15:53, Bob <b.meliev@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Use OS Process sampler, pass command something like "cat". But I'm not sure if it's good
option. IMHO, it's better to use GNU Binutils.

> http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#OS_Process_Sampler
>
> On 25/02/16 15:40, Konstantinos Dimkas wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I want to run a stress test to a cloud infrastructure. Beside from uploading and
downloading files, i want to open a large txt file that is uploaded to the cloud. We have
problems with rendering large txt files and i want to test it.

>> So, how do i open a test.txt file, and cause the server to render it but not downloading
it?

>> Thanks in advance,
>> Konstantinos Dimkas

Konstantinos Dimkas