jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Alan" <Alan_Br...@mentor.com>
Subject RE: Separate User Processes?
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2016 16:53:14 GMT
Flavio,

Thank you for your response. We have multiple test machines set aside specifically for generating
users, since that's how we did it back when we used HP Performance Center. Also, since we
are concerned with server-side data moreso than client-side data, most of our test information
is coming from the PerfMon agent plugin on the server machine. So, having multiple logs on
the client side shouldn't trouble us too much although it will be rather messy.

We'll experiment with the repeated command line method and get back to you.

Thanks,
Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Flavio Cysne [mailto:flaviocysne@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2016 10:42 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Separate User Processes?

Maybe I have misunderstood your question, but remember that each Java process will allocate
some memory and it stacks for each Java process you create. Unless you have a huge amount
of memory at your disposal, this is not advisable.

Said that, you could repeat a command line, that executes a JMeter script with only one user,
as many times as the desired number of simulated users.
Log files must be unique and you'll have to process them after the test to get a full view
of all your processes.

In any case, Tokens are commonly set as Cookie parameters and a HTTP Cookie Manager have to
be added to your script.

If your token is validated as a Header Parameter maybe you'll have to add its entry manually.
Using the HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder to record all steps will indicate this if it adds automatically
an HTTP Authorization Manager (I have experienced this when response header contains a Set-Token:
clause)

I hope I helped more then confused.