jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Alan" <Alan_Br...@mentor.com>
Subject Separate User Processes?
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2016 15:38:43 GMT
Hello Everyone,

My name is Alan and I'm working for a company that is developing a server software. We've
been working on this for a long time, longer than I've been working here, but recently we
upgraded it to run Java 8. Our old testing tools are not compatible with Java 8 so we've had
to switch over to using Jmeter. So far I have to say that I really like Jmeter, but there's
one little problem, and that is that we are having trouble getting multiple users to log in
to the server. Creating the users is easy, especially with Jmeter's GUI, but we are having
difficulty getting them to log in to our server.

The way it works is that our server assigns a separate "session token" to each user upon login
and duplicate tokens are not allowed. It expects each user to be a process on its own, meaning
that if the same process creates multiple virtual users, only one of those users will be able
to log in because after the first one, all the other virtual users will have the same token.

So my question to all of you is, do you know of some way to ensure that each user thread created
by Jmeter will be its own separate process, completely distinct from the other threads? Is
there some plugin that would help us accomplish this? We need some way of converting each
thread to be a separate process. Has anyone else encountered this issue when using Jmeter
to test their software?

Regards,
Alan Brown