jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Ahmad Alnafoosi <anafo...@hotmail.com>
Subject Concurrent GB File PUTs causing Out of Memory
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2016 21:23:17 GMT
Hi
I have a jmeter performance multi-stage test using HTTP REST API.
The test has 10 concurrent users
The test fails on Object Upload (PUT) that are 100MB  (and larger) in size with Out of Memory
Exception.

I did some research on Jmeter Memory optimization.  I did not find anything on the issue that
I am dealing with specifically.

So I followed optimization recommendations and did the following:
1- Removed all listeners from the test
2- Running from non gui command line
3- Saving JTL as CSV
4- doing all the graph and summery as post process outside the test.
5- Experimented and Increase heap up to 20 GB as follows
HEAP="-Xms20g -Xmx20g" (this allowed the 100MB to pass but still failed at 1GB and 5GB file
sizes).
6- I added HTTP Cache manager and enabled (Clear Cache on Each Iteration) and Limited (Max
Number of elements in cache to 3).

All of the above did not help in getting 10 concurrent users to PUT 5GB.!!

Is there a way to do 10 users uploading 5GB concurrently with the default 512MB?
Does Jmeter cache in its heap all of the objects that it uploads?
What is the optimum heap size that is recommended for the above scenario??

your help is appreciated.

thanks

Ahmad