jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Bhadauria, Tarun Kumar" <tarun.kumar.bhadau...@zalando.de>
Subject Counting number of requests per second generated by JMeter client
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2016 11:45:27 GMT
This is how application setup goes -

   - 2 c4.8xlarge instances
   - 10 m4.4xlarge jmeter clients generating load

While conducting load test on a simple GET request (685 bytes size page). I
came across issue of reduced throughput after some time of test run.
Throughput of about 18000 requests/sec is reached with 700 threads, remains
at this level for 40 minutes and then drops. Thread count remains 700
throughout the test. I have executed tests with different load patterns but
results have been same -

http://i.stack.imgur.com/dEHlS.png

The application response time is considerably low throughout the test -
http://i.stack.imgur.com/dhEgm.png

According to ELB monitor, there is reduction in number of requests (and I
suppose hence the lower throughput ) -

http://i.stack.imgur.com/vQ7O9.png

There are no errors encountered during test run. I also set connect timeout
with http request but yet no errors.

I discussed this issue with aws support at length and according to them I
am not blocked by any network limit during test execution.

Given number of threads remain constant during test run, what are these
threads doing? Is there a metrics I can check on to find out number of
requests generated (not Hits/sec) by a JMeter client instance?

Thanks
Tarun K