jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Out of Memory Error in JMeter during Endurance testing
Date Sun, 24 Jan 2016 11:37:20 GMT
Am 21.01.2016 um 10:53 schrieb pablo.mancebo.panos@accenture.com:
> Good day,
>
> I use JMeter for Performance Testing in my  job role. In my job,JMeter  is a very important
tool due to a lot of important benefits it allows me to carry out my job efficiently.

> In short, I have tried to change the memory used by setting  the  jmeter.bat  file or
jmeter.sh and the following changes do not work:

> Example:
> in jmeter.sh:
> JVM_ARGS = "- Xms512m -Xmx2048m" jmeter.sh
>
> in jmeter.bat:
> Set HEAP = -Xms512mx2048m
>
> By default the values are from 512m to 512m in the previous values lines.
>
> Regarding the above, I found an error in the console windows cmd running at startup JMeter:
>
> SEE ADJUNTING SCREENSHOTS !
>
> Error in JMeter Log:
>
> ... java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
>
> So, Could you explain me why cannot I change the memory used JMeter about java? And How
can I set it in order to enlarge the memory that the JMETER can use?

You could tell us a bit about your test plans. There are a few places,
where you can easily waste memory, if you are not careful.

Regards,
  Felix