jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Concurrent GB File PUTs causing Out of Memory
Date Sat, 09 Jan 2016 21:15:05 GMT
Am 08.01.2016 um 22:23 schrieb Ahmad Alnafoosi:
> Hi
> I have a jmeter performance multi-stage test using HTTP REST API.
> The test has 10 concurrent users
> The test fails on Object Upload (PUT) that are 100MB  (and larger) in size with Out of
Memory Exception.
Which sampler did you use and what was the configuration you used in it?
Is your REST API sending back large amounts of data?

I have tested a simple upload page with a 400 MB file and 100 concurrent
threads. The memory usage did not pass 250 MB.

I used "HTTP Request" sampler with implementation "HttpClient4", method
"POST" and added the file in the panel "Send File With the Request:".

Regards,
  Felix

> I did some research on Jmeter Memory optimization.  I did not find anything on the issue
that I am dealing with specifically.

> So I followed optimization recommendations and did the following:
> 1- Removed all listeners from the test
> 2- Running from non gui command line
> 3- Saving JTL as CSV
> 4- doing all the graph and summery as post process outside the test.
> 5- Experimented and Increase heap up to 20 GB as follows
> HEAP="-Xms20g -Xmx20g" (this allowed the 100MB to pass but still failed at 1GB and 5GB
file sizes).
> 6- I added HTTP Cache manager and enabled (Clear Cache on Each Iteration) and Limited
(Max Number of elements in cache to 3).