jmeter-user mailing list archives

From <pablo.mancebo.pa...@accenture.com>
Subject Out of Memory Error in JMeter during Endurance testing
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 09:53:42 GMT
Good day,

I use JMeter for Performance Testing in my  job role. In my job,JMeter  is a very important
tool due to a lot of important benefits it allows me to carry out my job efficiently.

In short, I have tried to change the memory used by setting  the  jmeter.bat  file or jmeter.sh
and the following changes do not work:

Example:
in jmeter.sh:
JVM_ARGS = "- Xms512m -Xmx2048m" jmeter.sh

in jmeter.bat:
Set HEAP = -Xms512mx2048m

By default the values are from 512m to 512m in the previous values lines.

Regarding the above, I found an error in the console windows cmd running at startup JMeter:

SEE ADJUNTING SCREENSHOTS !

Error in JMeter Log:

... java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

So, Could you explain me why cannot I change the memory used JMeter about java? And How can
I set it in order to enlarge the memory that the JMETER can use?

JMeter version:  2.13 (the last version)

Java version:  1.8.0_71 (the last version)

Thank you very much in advance and please respond ASAP.

Best regards,

Pablo Mancebo PaƱos
Testing center of Excellence
Accenture Delivery Center in Spain