jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Meenakshi Sharma <meenaks...@gmail.com>
Subject How to increase number of requests per sec (throughput)
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2015 20:51:53 GMT
Hi all,

I have set up distributed jmeter client-server setup to run performance
tests.
However, I am reaching a limit of *1849 req/s with 25K threads/ users* (RampUp
= 5s) when not using client-server setup. (for a simple GET request)

I would like to use single machine to generate maximum load and throughput
before moving to master-slave configuration. I configured the c4.xlarge EC2
instances by setting following values:

/proc/sys/net/core/somaxconn change to 50000

/etc/sysctl.conf add the following lines:

# allow more than the default 128 max network connections

net.core.somaxconn=50000

# allow more network connections

net.netfilter.nf_conntrack_max = 256000

# allow more open files

fs.file-max = 100000

increase file descriptor limits for each user:

/etc/security/limits.conf

# add the following two lines

*       soft    nofile   30000

*       hard    nofile   100000

What is the maximum load that I can generate in jmeter using c4.xlarge
instance?
Do I have to modify any other setting on jmeter or EC2? java heap size?

Thanks!
Meena