jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Functional Testing with shared ThreadGroups
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2015 16:27:54 GMT
Hi
You cant include a thread group in a different test plan using JMeter out
of the box - The standard way is
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#Include_Controller
.

However JMeter's test plan is ultimately just a text/XML file and you can
manipulate that anyway you choose to achieve the share thread group shared
across test plans. (For e.g. you could have a place holder in your test
plan whose contents gets replaced as a pre step in your build process)

A relevant question would be why you feel the need to share a Thread Group
(Rather than just the test steps which is supported in an Include
controller) - The parameters that can be set on a thread group like number
of threads etc can be externalized using properties- reducing the need to
share a thread group.

regards
deepak