jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Donation of a New Dashboard for JMeter : Questions and more
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2015 20:10:53 GMT
Am 27.10.2015 um 23:55 schrieb UBIK LOAD PACK:
> Hello,
> We plan to donate a new feature that allows to generate an HTML report
> containing:
> - Javascript Graphs (Response time, Error code, Percentiles
> - Tables of results
> - ...
>
> You can see a demo of what is generated at:
> - http://ubikloadpack.com/donations/dashboard/
>
> Code is here:
> -
> https://github.com/ubikloadpack/jmeter/tree/UBIKLOADPACK_REPORT_DASHBOARD_DONATION
>

> Concerned folders:
> - bin/report-template
> - xdocs/usermanual/generating-dashboard.xml
> - src/core/org/apache/jmeter/report
> - src/core/org/apache/jmeter/JMeter.java
>

> We are in the process of finalizing documentation for it.
>
> We have the following questions:
> 0/ Would this donation be of interest for Apache JMeter ?
This is the same report feature, that was discussed earlier, right?

I think it would be nice to have a simple (extendable) report page, that
can be generated after a jmeter run. But I remember there were some
objections, whether this feature would slow down normal operations.

> 1/ We created a new usermanual page, we think its best place in index is
> between Remote Testing and Real-time Result, it will be called Dashboard
> Report. Doing so mean incrementing section number  of following pages, is
> this ok ?
> http://ubikloadpack.com/donations/dashboard/docs/usermanual/generating-dashboard.html
No problem with me.

> 2/ We have created a Developer Oriented documentation that explains the
> architecture of the components. We think in the future and if the donation
> is accepted, this documentation could be also useful to jmeter users who
> want to customize graphs, dashboard, add new graphs .... So we think its
> format should be XML and it should be included in documentation , but where
> ?
A new subject Documentation->Developer Manual? That could probably be
the home of Documentation->Building JMeter and Add-Ons or the new (not
yet committed) Docwriters page.

> 3/ From our understanding , IP Clearance would have to be done in case this
> donation is accepted by the project, in this case we would required some
> help on the process as we're newbies in it, we suppose this would have to
> be filled in:
> http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html
Haven't done this either.

Regards,