jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Popp <christopherp...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Server aware test plans
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 22:51:06 GMT
I want my test plan to be able to vary its behavior slightly from server to server (in a controlled
fashion) when running a test plan against multiple jmeter servers simultaneously.  So far
I've done this by defining -Jserver_num=X on each jmeter-server on startup with a unique
incremented value for X...then in my test plan I make decisions based on ${server_num}.
Is there a better way to do this?  It's a little annoying to keep in sync, and since I don't
really care if the server_num stays the same from run to run it'd be better if the jmeter
client could just assign a server_num to each remote server before it runs a workload and
send it to them (along with a server_count variable for cases where I want to do decisions
like i % server_count == server_num).
Just one example...perhaps I have 100,000 users with unique usernames and I want to ensure
that each user sends exactly one request, but I want to spread the load across 5 jmeter servers.
 Server 0 should run user[0..19,999], server 1 should run user[20,000.. 39,999], and so on.
Thanks,Chris