jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Amir Mandzuka <Amir.Mandz...@icmp.int>
Subject Using JMeter slows down ASP.NET Cache on IIS
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2015 13:49:07 GMT
Hi.

I started to used ASP.NET Cache to store values that are common for all  web users to avoid
fetching those values from database on each user request.

I noticed that when I simulate user request using JMeter access to data in server cache slows
down dramatically.
For example if I send only one reguest from JMeter it takes more than 100ms to fetch data
from cache and if I send one requests using web browser i takes less that 1ms to fetch the
same amount of data.
Why is JMetter affecting cache access? While i was testing this there was no other users that
used resources. My test plan is set up correctly, I can login,  open pages, search for data,
add new data etc.

Thanks

Amir Mandzuka | Senior Database Software Developer

[http://www.ic-mp.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/icmplogoblue.jpg]<http://www.ic-mp.org/>

Office: Bosne Srebrene bb, KSC Mejdan, Tribina b, 75000, Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina | Tel:
+387 35 228 830 | www.icmp.int<http://www.icmp.int/>

Reflecting its new status as an International Organization, ICMP's website has changed from
www.ic-mp.org to www.icmp.int. All ICMP email addresses now end with @icmp.int.

Join us on:
[http://www.icmp.int/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/fbook.gif]<https://www.facebook.com/TheICMP>
[http://www.icmp.int/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/twt.gif] <https://twitter.com/TheICMP>