jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Sergio Boso <ser...@bosoconsulting.it>
Subject Re: Plugin to automatically transfer resource files (csvs) from controller to injectors
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2015 13:14:46 GMT
Hi
I had same issue, but solved differently by using a central Db with Redis.
I think it is much better approach, more flexible and scalable.
This can support either circular lists ( e.g. user info) and use-only-once
data.

You can use the plugin from Jmeter - plugin ( not so complete anyway) or
develop your own integration, which is quite simple any way.

Regards

Sergio Boso

Sergio Boso
cell. 335 7243 445
Hi,

When carrying out performance load testing on JMeter, we often set up a
controller and multiple injectors and use CSV files as data sources. We
then have to manually copy each CSV file to each injector. In cases where
we don't want the same data being used by multiple injectors we also have
to split the csv up into separate files, copy each file to a different
injector etc. It feels like something that we should automate to save time
and avoid human error.

Requirements:
- Automate copying csv files from controller to injects before testing
begins
- No test should begin until all csvs have been copied (to avoid lag for
later injectors)
- The file transfer should be automatically triggered when the test is
started (to avoid human error in forgetting to do it)
- It should be possible to split a CSV between injectors so that lines are
evenly shared.

So my question is: *Is it possible for me to do this purely by writing a
plugin? If so, what kinds of objects would I be looking at creating and
whereabouts in the code is/are the method call(s) into it that I'd be
using?*

Looking at the code in DistributedRunner.start() and
ClientJMeterEngine.runTest(), I can't see any hooks I could use to execute
plugin code after starting the test run but before running other steps.
Unfortunately, using the HashTreeTraversers in ClientJMeterEngine.runTest()
would result in files being transferred on one Injector after testing had
started on another injector, potentially introducing lag between tests.

Any help much appreciated and if this is not currently possible I'll give
the dev list a try!

Many thanks,

Jonathan Mew

--
*Before acting on this email or opening any attachments please read the
important notice at the end of this email.*

Passionate about Testing, Excited by Technology

------------------------------
This communication is strictly confidential and intended solely for the
person to whom it is addressed, and it may be legally privileged. If you
are not the intended recipient or have received this communication in
error, please do not read it or show it to any other person, but notify us
immediately and then delete it from your computer. Any unauthorised
disclosure of information contained in this communication is strictly
prohibited.

The Test People Limited.  Registered in England and Wales Number 6326413
Registered Office - Albion Court, 5 Albion Place, Leeds, LS1 6JL - 0113 320
4801
London Office - Portland House, Bressenden Place, London, SW1E 5RS - 020
7100 7794