jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Different parameter values in request name and the actual request
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2015 11:02:21 GMT
On 7 September 2015 at 11:45, Pratapi Hemant Patel
<hemantsonu20@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think local variable will not serve the purpose as accesstoken are
> getting generated in one thread group and used in another.

You're right, sorry.

However I wonder why the values need to be shared across thread groups(TGs).
Almost always there's a better way to provide the data.
Properties are very useful for values that are fixed for the whole
test plan, but which vary between tests.
For example one might have a property that is used for the thread
count and ramp-up time.
Properties that vary during test runs are very rarely needed, though
they can sometimes be useful
For example we once used a property to control the throughput rate of
a test so we could use the BeanShell server to vary it during a long
test run.

It also does not make sense to have multiple TGs setting the same
property, as you point out.

If there is some setup needed to establish the accesstoken values,
that should be done in a single setUp TG
Or the values should be written to a file prior to starting the test
and read with CSV Data or similar.