jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Missing Request Data on Error Samples
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2015 10:22:20 GMT
On 3 September 2015 at 11:02, Bhadauria, Tarun Kumar
<tarun.kumar.bhadauria@zalando.de> wrote:
> I am using Jmeter 2.12 and execute test with following properties set -
>
> -Jjmeter.save.saveservice.output_format=xml \
> -Jjmeter.save.saveservice.response_data.on_error=true \
>
> When there is a failure then I can see info under Response Data tab in View
> Results in tree as - 500, 404 or any other error
> but Request tab only shows "GET" with out more information.
>
> For my test, GET request has more specific user information which I would
> like to analyze to find out which GET requests caused 500 etc error.
>
> I don't see any property like - Jjmeter.save.saveservice.request.on_error
> and I don't want to save all the data as it would grow huge.
> Did I miss any setting?

There is no such setting.

However you can add a Listener that saves errors only to a separate
file, and configure it to save additional data such as the request
data

i.e. save all samples to a single file with basic info (could even use
CSV) and save errors as XML to another file.

Also the sampler label is normally included in the output file.
So if that is sufficiently unique, you can easily identify the request.