jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Interruptible.interrupt() is not called by JMeter toolbar buttons Stop/Shutdown
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2015 11:56:55 GMT
On 22 September 2015 at 12:15, DK <desmond.kirrane@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a JMeter Java Sampler that implements
> org.apache.jmeter.samplers.Interruptible
>
> However the samplers interrupt() when I hit Stop or Shutdown buttons on the
> toolbar.

Only Stop causes an Interrupt; that is by design.
Shutdown is graceful, i.e. it waits for current samplers to complete.

> Is this by design or an issue? Is there another way to listen for Stop
> and/or Shutdown.
> I want to cleanly shutdown running Threads
>
> I'm using jmeter-2.11 r1554548

[That is quite old]

Java Samplers did not implement Interruptible in that version, nor in
the current 2.13
They will do so in the next version.
(Before you ask, there is no date planned for this at present)

You could convert your Java Sampler into a stand-alone sampler.
That gives you total control, whereas using Java Sampler as your base
constricts the GUI design and behaviour.

There are some examples under:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/trunk/src/examples/org/apache/jmeter/examples/