jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jmeter port to unblock
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2015 12:22:04 GMT
On 18 August 2015 at 13:06, LEEBAW Corine
<corine.leebaw@businessdecision.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am sending http requests. Https is not used on my environment. Looking around the web
I found that by default, Jmeter would use the port 1099. I have requested to the  security
guys to unblock the 1099 port but then they are requesting whether tcp ou udp protocol is
used. Any idea?

JMeter only uses port 1099 when you use it in client-server mode.
In which case it uses the Java RMI protocol. I don't know what that uses.
It can be very tricky to set up firewalls etc. to support RMI as it
also uses randomly chosen ports.
So don't use client-server mode.